Importing Data into MySQL with Navicat - Using Navicat's Import/Export Wizard
(Page 3 of 5 )
To import data to a table using the Import Wizard:
- Click the tables tab
- If you have an existing table to which you want to import data, select the table. Otherwise, do not select any table.
- Click Import Wizard at the Database Window, or, right-click anywhere in the Database Window and select Import Wizard.
- An Import Wizard dialog box will be shown. Depending on the import data format, you should follow several steps to complete the import process.
Here are the steps for importing from a text file:
- Choose which import data format you would like.
- Locate a file containing data to import.
- Select the appropriate delimiter (for text files only).
- You can define some additional options for source
- The wizard has made some guesses about where your field breaks occur. If they are incorrect, you can make adjustments in this step.
NOTE: If the import data format is text and you have selected "fixed width" in step 3, you can set field breaks in this step.
- The wizard will make some guesses on your table structure and you can make adjustments.
- You can define the field mappings. Set mappings to specify the correspondence between fields in the source and fields in the destination.
- Check your data before importing.
- Select a desired import mode.
- Click the execute button to start importing data.
To export data using the Export Wizard:
blog comments powered by
- Click the tables tab.
- Select the table that you want to export data from. Click Export Wizard at the database window, or, right-click anywhere in the database window and select Export Wizard.
- An Export Wizard dialog box will be shown.
- Select which data format you want and click OK button to proceed.