Replication: SQL Server 2000 - Part 2 - Getting Started: Step-By-Step, Cont'd.
(Page 5 of 7 )
Specify the Publication Name
With the above steps completed, we have published the data in the ‘Pubs’ database and have also set publication properties.
Create Snap Shot
- Navigate to <Server>/Replication/Publications/Properties
- Click on the “Run Agent Now” button. This will create the snap shot files.
- Create a new SQL Server Database. In this example I have created a new database named PubsSubscriber.
- Right click on <Server>/Replication/Publications/Pubs:<Publication>
- Click “Push New Subscription” to run the New Subscription wizard
- Choose the newly created database as the Subscriber Database:
- Set the Merge Agent schedule:
- Choose Initialize both schema and data option and check Start the Merge agent to initialize the subscription immediately:
Since my Subscriber Database was a new database, I have chosen to initialize both the schema and the data.
Navigate through the wizard, accepting further options and click on finish to complete the wizard steps.
With the above steps completed, we have created a new subscriber database and setup the handshake between Publisher and Subscriber.
Now you can distribute the Subscriber database to its users who can ‘play’ with their own copy of data, and synchronize the data as per the rules of business.
blog comments powered by
- To synchronize, Right click on the <Server>/Replication/Publications/Pubs:<Publication>, and click “Start Synchronization”.